YOU HAVE QUESTIONS – WE HAVE ANSWERS!Customize your very own summer camp program on your schedule in the comfort of your own home
A message from our Head Staff
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome all of our new campers and families to Rent-A-Counsellor Canada.
Rent-A-Counsellor Canada was founded on 2 key principles; keeping campers active and smiling and keeping summer camp counsellors working while doing what they love to do!
We would like to thank you for inviting us to your homes!
Just a few reminders for families as you begin to Rent A Counsellor:
At this time, our staff are not permitted to enter camper homes for any reason, including to use the bathroom, unless agreed upon by both the family and the staff member. For that reason, camp session times are a maximum of 3 hours in length unless approved by the camp office.
Our staff and campers are permitted to leave the residential property duration a booked camp session under the following conditions:
- Same camper(s) / camper group(s) must complete 2 successful sessions at the same residential property with the same staff member.
- Staff member leaving residential property must be the same staff member as above.
- Permission forms for each camper must be completed by 1 parent/guardian in each participating family.
- Each time a staff member is changed, this process will reset.
If your campers want something or you have questions at any time, simply email us at email@example.com. We want to hear from you!
We are looking forward to an amazing summer with all our campers and their families! Welcome to Rent-A-Counsellor Canada!
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
What is the age range suggested for this program?
Our counsellors provide a home-based outdoor, physically distant experience for your campers ages 4 – 13 years of age.
We also have a CIT program for teens 14-15 years of age, born in 2006 & 2007.
What levels of program do you offer?
Geared towards younger campers with a love of multiple sports and games. Beginner programs have a strong focus on fun with some light skill building.
Geared towards campers who desire to improve their skills. Intermediate programs have a stronger focus on skill building with equal amounts of fun.
Geared towards sport specific campers who desire to place full emphasis on skills and training in their chosen sport!
When can I book?
9 AM – 12 PM
10 AM – 1 PM
11 AM – 2 PM
1 PM – 4 PM
2 PM – 5 PM
4 PM – 7 PM
6 PM – 9 PM
Customized session times are also available. These requests must be arranged through the camp office at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
How can parents help even more?
How families can help even more!
To the greatest extent possible, we ask that families have as many of the following suggested items on‐hand and set up prior to our Counsellors arrival. This will help our staff to provide the best possible PROGRAMMING FUN to your FAMILY!
- Any items that camper families need or want can be purchased through the camp TUCK SHOP.
- Empty driveway – cars parked in front of driveway for safety
At least 1 Empty car spot in garage (for a rainy day), or well‐cover area in the back/side yard.
- 6 Ft folding table.
- 2‐3 chairs or benches.
- Hand Sanitizer
- Enough room to be able to provide your programming choice, in your modified setting.
- Groomed grass for additional lawn play
- Groomed trees with no loose branches that can fall during programming
- Pets inside at all times
- No cell phones or other technology during camp sessions.
- Trampolines at residential homes are not permitted to be used during any programming
- Swimming Pools clean and maintained
- Campers and staff may not use vehicle transportation during any programming sessions
How can we best prepare for AWESOME FUN!?
Please ensure that all campers attend camp daily with the following items. This will help maximize our time with them and provide parents with more uninterrupted time by helping to keep campers out of the house.
Campers are required to be equipped with the following items for each camp session:
- Water Bottle
- Hand Sanitizer
- Mask and gloves (if you choose to have your child wear them!)
- Extra clothing (weather permitting)
- Fully packed and delivered snack packs for your campers Or order from us!
- Closed toe footwear must be used for all activities, including all sport, craft and water programs.
- No cell phones or other technology during camp sessions. (Unless part of your RACC programming.)
What are the safety precautions being taken during COVID-19 and how do I ensure my child is safe?
This idea was born because we personally saw the devastation in our children when camp was cancelled due to the international health crisis. Kids need to be kids, cut loose and have some fun this summer and we are taking many precautions to ensure this can be done in a safe way:
- Counsellors and sports specialists have not travelled internationally since June 1, 2021
- Counsellors and sports specialists are not spending time with individuals who exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 or other respiratory issues
- Counsellors and sports specialists will take their temperature and on-line screening prior to their visit.
- Counsellors and sports specialists will not enter your home to use the washroom unless the family is comfortable with this.
- Counsellors and sport specialists will be wearing masks during all RACC programming.
- All camp staff will continue to practice physical distancing and follow all recommendations of the government of Canada
- Counsellors and sport specialists have received special training regarding COVID-19
DO YOU HAVE A CIT PROGRAM?
Yes, please Click here
The set program times don't work for our family, is there any flexibility?
Yes! Session times and scheduling can be flexible based on the needs of both families and our staff. Special session time requests must be coordinated through our camp office at email@example.com.
What is your inclement weather policy?
If it is raining and/or an extreme heat advisory is in effect and camp sessions purchased are not able to run, parents or the camp office may cancel based on cancellations being received no less than 90 minutes prior to your session’s scheduled start time.
All program cancellations require both an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a phone call to the camp office, or from the camp office.
All sessions will be rescheduled for another day, based on availability at that time.
What if we have to cancel due to an unforeseen event in our family lives?
Life happens, we get it! Things come up that you just can’t control and that is why we have flexibility for our families! Camp programs may be cancelled and rescheduled up until 3 PM the day prior without any penalties at all. Cancellations that happen after 3 PM are not offered this same flexibility as we have to be fair to our counsellors as well. However, as always, call us or email us with any concerns!